Best Tips for Getting a PlayStation Portal from Major Retailers
As the most hotly anticipated restock for gamers, the PlayStation Portal has everyone on the edge of their seats. With major retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and GameStop all expected to restock the device, here are some pro tips for securing your PS Portal from your retailer of choice!
Amazon offers some hope for eager gamers, with surprise drops expected to happen early in the day, typically before 1 PM EST. Here are some pointers to help you land your PlayStation Portal from Amazon:
- Stay vigilant in the early hours before noon, when Amazon usually drops gaming hardware.
- Use a PlayStation Portal restock tracker for immediate alerts when restocks occur.
- Be logged in and have your address and payment details ready for a swift checkout process.
- Opt for using a computer instead of the mobile app for easier navigation.
Best Buy’s restocks might be elusive, but with a little patience and some insider tips, you could still snag a PlayStation Portal. Here’s what you need to know:
- Try using Best Buy’s live chat support to get your PlayStation Portal, especially after a restock.
- Conventional restocks usually happen at 1 AM ET, so keep your eyes peeled at that time.
- Have your details ready for a smooth checkout, or consider using Apple Pay for faster processing.
- Be prepared for a Two-Factor Authorization (2FA) request and ensure your 2FA settings are in order.
Target might have limited stock, but that doesn’t mean you should lose hope. With these tips, you might still land yourself a PlayStation Portal:
- Look for stores showing “Limited stock” as this is where you should be heading.
- Don’t give up if your local store doesn’t have units available; check other locations with limited stock.
- Reserve your unit for in-store pickup by calling the store or head there directly to speak with a representative.
GameStop’s stock situation can be a hit or miss, but with the right approach, you might just score a PlayStation Portal in-store:
- Call your GameStop store in advance, even if the website shows no stock as they might still have some available.
- Consider getting a Pro Membership, as some stores might require it for the purchase.
- Expand your search beyond densely populated areas and consider stores further away for better chances of success.
Looking for more VR game news? Follow VR Game News for the latest updates, restock notifications, and insider tips on scoring your favorite VR games and accessories!