Assassin’s Creed Valhalla takes players on a journey through ancient England, and the Sciropescire arc is particularly important as it has a recommended power level of 130 and major implications for the game’s ending. It begins with the War Weary quest at the Alliance Map in Ravensthorpe, and this is where the journey gets interesting.
Starting the War Weary Quest
To begin the War Weary quest, players must speak with Randvi and pledge their support for the Sciropescire region of England. Once players have pledged their allegiance, they can begin the quest. War Weary brings back several characters from earlier in the game while introducing a few new ones, and this guide is here to assist those who are looking to complete this quest.
Finding Ceolbert: Son of the King of Mercia Ceolwulf
The first objective of this quest is to locate Ceolbert, the son of King Ceolwulf in Mercia. Players can find him inside the Longhouse at the village of Quatford, located along the Afron Hafren river and to the northwest of Tonnastadir. Players should approach Ceolbert and Ivarr to trigger the first cutscene. This conversation does not have any choices that impact the game’s narrative, and players will proceed to the next phase of the quest following this cinematic.
Who to Bribe in the War Weary Quest?
After a tense cutscene, players will have to bribe one of the characters to avoid a war. There are several characters that players can talk to during this phase of the quest, and there are several different options for bribing. Here are the choices available to players:
- Bribe Lady Angharad: While she will try to calm things down, this bribe will not lead to peace. She will eventually give players a brooch later on, but it is not worth the same amount of silver.
- Bribe Ynyr the Advisor: Players will lose their investment and eventually fight and kill this character only to find the silver gone.
- Bribe Gwriad: Rhodri’s brother will promise to dethrone Rhodri but will eventually die. Players should be able to pick the silver back up from his body.
- Bribe Ivarr: Another unsuccessful attempt to keep the peace as Ivarr has the exact opposite on his mind.
- Keep the bribe: While this does not push anyone closer to peace, it does add to a player’s own funds.
Unfortunately, none of these options lead to peace, and speaking with Bishop Deorlaf will trigger the next cutscene. This will see Ivarr (one of the sons of the legendary Viking Ragnar Lothbrok) kill Gwriad and drop players into open conflict within the church.
Clearing Quatford in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Inside the church, players must face half a dozen enemies, including a pair of challenging Yeomen. Fortunately, Ivarr and Ceolbert will assist in this fight, but this does not conclude the quest. Instead, players need to clear the area surrounding the church of enemies as well. Outside, there are over a dozen enemies surrounding the church, but players will have assistance from a handful of allies. Once this region is clear, players must work their way down to the river and continue the fight. With that conflict concluded and dozens of enemies killed, players must return to the church and speak with Bishop Deorlaf to complete War Weary.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is an immersive journey that captures the essence of ancient England perfectly, and War Weary is just one of the many engaging quests to undertake. Follow these instructions to ace this featured quest and power through the campaign.
More Guides for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- AC Valhalla Weapon Guide: How to Use Light & Heavy Shields
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: How to Beat Zealots
If you are an avid VR gamer like me, you know how important it is to stay on top of the latest news and updates. For all things VR and gaming, head over to VR Game News today!